Slip resistance testing services
We are actively involved in studying slip resistance, together with the associated aspects of abrasion resistance and ‘cleanability’, as a component of wider durability studies and life-cycle performance analyses.
We have developed methods to test slip resistance, including:
- our accelerated wear test, which simulates long-term wear and changes in slip resistance, taking into account the life-cycle performance of materials
- our sustainable slip resistance systems research, which provides independent analysis and solutions to complex problems.
We can also provide an analysis of slip and fall incidents, using these methods:
- A test of the floor material in accordance with applicable standards.
- Characterisation of the frictional properties of the walking surface, footwear or between adjacent walking surfaces.
- Assessment of conformity of existing floor material slip resistance, floor/stair construction or handrails with applicable codes and standards.
Our full range of services include:
- slip resistance audits of private buildings and public amenities on a periodic basis, including issues related to access for the disabled and OHS risk assessments
- testing of wet area membranes, ceramic tiles or water penetration for external facades to Australian standards
- complete tactile ground surface compliance, combining slip resistance with luminance contrast requirements
- on-site assessment of background luminance contrast to Australian standard
- evaluation of pedestrian surfaces, the effect on surfaces of maintenance products and slip resistant rectification or treatments
- risk assessments conducted to meet OHS requirements
- analysis of surface contamination and effectiveness of cleaning regimes.